Recently, there have been a few tell-tale signs that the Oil & Gas industry in Brazil, is not far from realising its potential.
Hermod completes Peregrino heavy lift.
Statoil has completed a heavy lift of two wellhead platforms on the Peregrino field offshore Brazil using the vessel Hermod. The development is the group’s largest offshore project outside the Norwegian continental shelf.
Hook-up and completion are under way. The company plans to begin 30 horizontal production and seven water injection wells later this year.
The field’s FPSO is scheduled to arrive for hook up and commissioning in the coming months. Maersk is constructing the vessel at the Keppel Shipyard in Singapore. The FPSO’s mooring systems are in place following an installation program by the offshore construction vessel Boa Deep earlier this year.
Peregrino is 85 km (53 mi) off the coast of Brazil in a water depth of up to 100 m (328 ft). First oil is anticipated in 2011 and will continue up to 2040, Statoil says.
Sevan Driller arrives in Brazil.
The Sevan Driller arrived in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on Saturday, March 27, says Sevan Marine. The ultra deepwater drilling unit will undergo custom clearance and acceptance testing by Petrobras before beginning operations under a six-year contract.
Petrobras downgrades project portfolio for 2011-2014.
Petrobras has decreased its project portfolio investment for 2011-2014 from $148 billion to $139 billion.
The company’s board has approved $257 billion worth of projects for after 2014. According to the company, the investments aim to increase oil and natural gas production, taking advantage of success in the post- and pre-salt, and exploratory activities.
The E&P project portfolio includes construction of production platforms and drilling rigs, support vessels, and investments in transportation infrastructure.
- Sevan Marine, E.ON Ruhrgas UK to extend LOI for Huntington project (oilgasstorage.energy-business-review.com)
- Petrobras output rises 1.4 pct in July from June (reuters.com)
- Statoil to Sell 40% of Offshore Brazil Oil Field to Sinochem for $3B Cash (greencarcongress.com)
- GE Oil & Gas Awarded $160 Million Petrobras Contracts for P-58 and P-62 Floating Production Units in Brazil(eon.businesswire.com)
- China Gains Another Foothold in Brazil (STO, PBR, SNP, CEO, BP) (247wallst.com)
- UPDATE 2-Oil for Petrobras plan seen $10-$12/barrel-report (reuters.com)
- SCENARIOS-Brazil state oil company Petrobras’ capital plan (reuters.com)
- Brazil sees price gauge for Petrobras plan Aug. 23 (reuters.com)